Amaretto recently had an update which had quite a few surprises, the largest being a total makeover. From my understanding there was no warning about the cosmetic changes so I thought I would share some pictures with you.
***IMPORTANT NOTE***After Saturday March 5, 2011 we will no longer provide support for horses that are NOT v2.0*** So please let everyone you know to update their horses!!!!
Update v2.0 fixes/changes:
1. The “touch to rez bundle” issue were the mare and/or bundle birthed do not receive the proper information from the server.
2. Horses will no longer birth more then one viable bundle within a 3 day period.
3. Sick horses can NOT be sent to Horse Haven.
4. Errors: “Amaretto Breedable Horse3″=fixed
“Stack Heap Error”= fixed
5. Now says Horse Cents when sending a horse to Haven.
6. Consumable timer fixed, now reads 23 hours, 59 minutes and counts down from there.
New added features:
1. Updated version horses (v2.0) will NOT breed with the older version horses (v1.1, v1.2, v1.3)
2. Added the button for Horse Haven to bundles.
3. Updater will NOT update sick horses.
4. Horses can now eat themselves out of being sick (starved). Takes approximately 72 hours for the hunger/thirst to get back down to 0 and text reading “sick” will then disappear.
5. All colors of Appaloosa and Walkers will be put “out to pasture”. These coats/colors will no longer be available in the new starter packs/horses. The only way to breed/birth one of these coats will be from a horse that contains these traits already on the grid.
Somethings you need to know about the updater:
1. It will not work if there is more than one updater out. It gives you a message that there are 2 updaters out please remove one. If you continue to try and update your horse It will give you another error message and have you pick one updater up and reset the other. (touch and wait 5 seconds to reset)
2. It will not update pregnant horses. The reason being the updater can potentially abort the pregnancy. Waiting to update your pregnant horses will not effect the horses functions, they will continue to eat, move, animate etc. When they give birth to the bundle, then you can update them. The bundle will be the old version and need to be updated when birthed.
3. The updater will not work on sims with a high load. Dilation needs to be above .65 and region fps must be above 25 for the updater to work. You will get an error message that says the sim dilation is too low, we have enclosed a sim monitor that will display these values for you. Just rez on your sim next to the updater.
My main problem with the update was the lack of information given on just how ‘extreme’ the changes would be. I don’t dislike the new appearance, although I’m not sure I really like it either. There are some coats that really don’t look as nice as they did previously, namely a Black/Tan Mustang I saw, but there is alot more detail to the coats which is a positive. Definitely the tail shape and hoof appearance is a big improvement in my opinion, but in the long run what really matters is what the breeders and purchasers think. I think the changes have surprised many and changed others previous opinions.